This is a nice side dish to any main meal. It contains no animal product so its great for vegetarians and vegans!
- 1330 grams white potatoes - (or about small white 16 potatoes)
- 3 tsp chicken salt, vegan friendly, MSG free
- 1 heaped tablespoon fresh chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh finely chopped basil leaves
- small handful of fresh watercress leaves, stems removed
- 12 green olives, the kind found in deli's that are kept in olive oil or brine, must have their stones still
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- some whole cracked pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- Fry Pan
- Pot to boil potatoes
- chopping board
- large enough bowl to toss all ingredients in
- spoons to toss ingredients
Wash and chop your potatoes into quarters, add to pot of good water with 1 teaspoon of your chicken salt, bring to the boil and cook until potatoes are just tender enough to put your fork into without them being hard.
Once cooked drain water and put your potatoes into a bowl that will be big enough to toss everything in.
Then pull out your fry pan, in it add your 12 green olives and begin to toast them on a medium heat. Once this is done, take them off, let them cool and then begin to cut the flesh off the stone and add that to your potatoes. Do not toss your potatoes until the end, as they will begin to break down if you mix them to much.
With the same pan add your two garlic cloves that have been crushed with 1 tablespoon of your olive oil and cook the garlic until it is just golden brown. Once this is done add it to your potatoes with your herbs and 2 teaspoons of your chicken salt, 5 tablespoons of olive oil and as much cracked pepper as you like.
This is best when left overnight to develop in flavour.